Motherhood is the most affectionate journey which starts with the news of pregnancy. Moms keep their babies for 9 months in their wombs waiting to cherish the first sight moments of the little ones.
But, during the time being, they have to be extra careful and incorporate a healthy lifestyle and eating habits to take proper care of their unborns. In addition, they have to consider an easy to carry hospital bag to be well-acquainted and ready for a sudden labour crisis. Babybedding sets,baby wipes,lotion, toiletries, a robe, etc, are some essentials to be included in the medical bags. According to maternity doctors, the ideal time to pack an emergency hospital bag is after 35 weeks of pregnancy.
Many women are already aware of this necessary measure to help them in need. If you are also conceiving the baby then make sure to carry such an accessories bag with you everywhere. This will help you and your family to handle the maternity situation by the time you reach the hospital or receive medical attention.
In this article, we have covered some essential items that you must consider in a maternity hospital bag for labour.
Hospital bag checklist for moms and babies
First, pack the hospital bag for yourself!
Essentials to pack in the hospital bag for moms?
● Your birth plan and photo ID- Always carry a few copies of your birth plan for medical assistance. Also, make sure to bring along your photo Ids wherever you go for verification during crucial times. This will help in proper documentation and immediate attention.
● Sanitary pads- Keep a packet of sanitary pads in the bag to clean the excess blood in case you are not ready to take a shower. It is an important item to be checked.
● Comfortable clothes or robes- Consider keeping extraoutfits. You never know when your baby needs to see the world. So, to be hygienic and clean, pack additional clothes as per your requirements.
Now it’s time to move forward with baby essentials to carry in the maternity hospital bag.
Essentials to pack in the hospital bag for babies?
● Newborn baby blanket- A baby blanket is required to tuck the baby and protect them from the cold. As their body is very delicate, they are more prone to catch a cold at normal room temperature.
● Coming home outfit- Many parents like to make their newborns wear the desired clothes which they have purchased for the babies with lots of love. Hence, you can bring along a light home outfit for your little one.
● Baby diapers- One of the most essential baby care products to carry everywhere with your baby is the diaper. Make sure to put extra diapers in the hospital bag of the little one to maintain the hygiene and proper disposal of waste.
Apart from the aforementioned points, you must consider a baby car seat to keep your baby safe from uneven roads and impromptu jerks while coming back home from the hospital.
However, making the checklist is not enough, you also have to purchase the listed products from a reliable platform or brand. As you will never want to compromise with the safety and health of the child due to low-quality products. Hence, you should consider Little Tags for buying baby and mother essentials. An e-commerce platform that houses several popular brands to provide your newborn with the ultimate care and standardised products.